Register now to access the Pfizer Responsible Disposal Advisor site, as well as product, patient, and professional programs and services.*
*Restrictions may apply.
Proper disposal of unused pharmaceuticals and pharmaceutical waste IT'S EVERYONE'S RESPONSIBILITY
Pfizer has a long-standing commitment to health, safety, and the environment. Building on the strengths of the environmental programs that drive sustainable practices throughout our businesses, the Pfizer Product Stewardship Initiative is providing the Pfizer Responsible Disposal Advisor site. This online resource contains recommended disposal practices in the United States for all Pfizer products.
Powered by the PharmE Waste Wizard® (created by Waste Management, Inc.), the site is now available to health care facilities and providers.†
What does the site offer?
- Hazardous waste categories for all Pfizer products, including the codes for specific wastes classified as hazardous by the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act
- State regulatory information
- Information on what defines unused pharmaceuticals as hazardous
- Department of Transportation shipping descriptions
- Tips on developing a compliant hazardous pharmaceutical waste management program
†Please note that registration is required.