This site is intended for U.S. health care professionals.
Caverject Impulse Indication
Scroll for Important Safety Information and Indication
Important Safety Information
CAVERJECT® (alprostadil for injection) is contraindicated:
- In patients with known hypersensitivity to the drug
- In men who have conditions that predispose them to priapism, such as sickle cell anemia or sickle cell trait, multiple myeloma, or leukemia
- For the treatment of erectile dysfunction in men with fibrotic conditions of the penis, such as anatomical deformation, angulation, cavernosal fibrosis, or Peyronie’s disease
- In men with penile implants
CAVERJECT IMPULSE should not be used in women, children, newborns, or men for whom sexual activity is inadvisable or contraindicated.
Prolonged erection and priapism have occurred in patients receiving CAVERJECT IMPULSE. To minimize the chances of this occurring, titrate CAVERJECT IMPULSE slowly to the lowest effective dose. Advise patients to seek immediate medical assistance for an erection that persists longer than 4 hours.
Penile fibrosis has occurred in patients receiving CAVERJECT IMPULSE. Follow patients regularly to detect signs of penile fibrosis. Discontinue in patients who develop penile angulation, cavernosal fibrosis, or Peyronie’s disease.
Intracavernous injections of CAVERJECT IMPULSE can increase peripheral blood levels of alprostadil, which can result in hypotension. Avoid use of CAVERJECT IMPULSE in patients with known cavernosal venous leakage.
Injection site bleeding may occur in patients taking anticoagulants, such as warfarin or heparin. Compress the site of injection with an alcohol swab or sterile gauze for 5 minutes.
There is a potential for cardiac risk with sexual activity in patients with pre-existing cardiovascular disease. Therefore, treatments for erectile dysfunction, including CAVERJECT IMPULSE, generally should not be used in men for whom sexual activity is inadvisable because of their underlying cardiovascular status. In addition, the evaluation of erectile dysfunction should include a determination of potential underlying causes and the identification of appropriate treatment following a complete medical assessment.
Safety and efficacy of combinations of CAVERJECT IMPULSE and other vasoactive agents have not been systemically studied. Use of such combinations is not recommended.
CAVERJECT IMPULSE uses a superfine needle and cases of needle breakage have been reported. Careful instruction in proper patient handling and injection techniques may minimize this risk.
Counseling of patients about the protective measures necessary to guard against sexually transmitted diseases, including the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), is advised.
The most frequently occurring local adverse event is penile pain after injection (37%), prolonged erections (4%), penile fibrosis (3%), injection site hematoma (3%), or ecchymosis (2%).
CAVERJECT IMPULSE is indicated for the treatment of erectile dysfunction in adult men and as an adjunct to other diagnostic tests in the diagnosis of erectile dysfunction.
Please see full
Terms and Conditions
- Co-pay Cards are not valid for prescriptions that are eligible to be reimbursed, in whole or in part, by Medicaid, Medicare, or other federal or state healthcare programs (including any state prescription drug assistance programs and the Government Health Insurance Plan available in Puerto Rico [formerly known as “La Reforma De Salud”])
- Co-pay Cards are not valid for prescriptions that are eligible to be reimbursed by private insurance plans or other health or pharmacy benefit programs that reimburse you for the entire cost of your prescription drugs
- Patients must be 18 or older
- By using a Co-pay Card, a patient will pay a minimum of $20 per fill and receive savings of up to $50 per fill for a maximum savings of $300 per Card
- Each patient is limited to one active card at a time during this offering period and the Co-pay Cards are not transferable
- You must deduct the value received under this program from any reimbursement request submitted to your insurance plan, either directly by you or on your behalf
- The Co-pay Card cannot be combined with any other rebate or coupon, free trial, or similar offer for the specified prescription
- The Co-pay Card will be accepted only at participating pharmacies
- The Co-pay Card is not health insurance
- This offer is good only in the United States and Puerto Rico
- Pfizer reserves the right to rescind, revoke, or amend the Co-pay Card without notice
- Offer valid from 4/15/14 to 12/31/18. No membership fees apply
For help with the CAVERJECT IMPULSE $20 Co-Pay Card, call
For reimbursement when using a non-participating pharmacy/mail order:
Pay for CAVERJECT IMPULSE prescription and mail copy of original pharmacy receipt (cash register receipt NOT valid) with product name, date, and amount circled to: Pfizer, ATTN: CAVERJECT, PO Box 4935, Warren, NJ