Scroll for Important Safety Information and Indications
Important Safety Information
NORVASC® (amlodipine besylate) tablets are contraindicated in patients with known sensitivity to amlodipine.
Symptomatic hypotension is possible, particularly in patients with severe aortic stenosis.
Worsening angina and acute myocardial infarction can develop after starting or increasing the dose of NORVASC, particularly in patients with severe obstructive coronary artery disease.
Titrate slowly when administering NORVASC to patients with severe hepatic impairment.
Most common side effects of NORVASC are edema, dizziness, flushing, and palpitations. Other side effects include fatigue, nausea, abdominal pain, and somnolence.
Do not exceed doses of 20 mg per day of simvastatin when taking NORVASC.
Limited available data from a published clinical lactation study reports that amlodipine is present in human milk at an estimated median relative infant dose of 4.2%. No adverse effects of amlodipine on the breastfed infant have been observed.
Effect on patients less than 6 years old is not known. Dose selection for an elderly patient should be cautious, usually starting at the low end of the dosing range.
NORVASC (amlodipine besylate) tablets are indicated for the treatment of hypertension. NORVASC is also indicated for three forms of Coronary Artery Disease (CAD): symptomatic treatment of chronic stable angina; treatment of confirmed or suspected vasospastic angina (Prinzmetal’s or Variant Angina); and to reduce the risk of hospitalization due to angina and the risk of a coronary revascularization procedure in angiographically documented CAD patients without heart failure or an ejection fraction <40%. NORVASC may be used alone or in combination with other antihypertensive and antianginal agents.
NORVASC Savings Card Terms
By participating in the NORVASC Savings Card Program, you acknowledge that you currently meet the eligibility criteria and will comply with the terms and conditions described below:
- The Card is not valid for prescriptions that are eligible to be reimbursed, in whole or in part, by Medicaid, Medicare or other federal or state healthcare programs including any state prescription drug assistance programs and the Government Health Insurance Plan available in Puerto Rico (formerly known as “La Reforma de Salud”)
- The Card is not valid for prescriptions that are eligible to be reimbursed by private insurance plans or other health or pharmacy benefit programs, which reimburse you for the entire cost of your prescription drugs
- Patients must be 18 or older
- You must deduct the savings received under this program from any reimbursement request submitted to your insurance plan, either directly by you or on your behalf
- Eligible patients may pay a minimum of $0 per prescription fill. By using the Card eligible patients may receive a savings of up to $75 per fill off their co-pay or out-of-pocket costs. The Card is good for a maximum savings of $900 per year ($75 per month x 12 months). The Card limits your prescription cost to $0, subject to a maximum $75 monthly benefit. Thus, if your co-pay or out-of-pocket cost is more than $75 you will save $75 off of your co-pay or total out-of-pocket costs. [Example: If your co-pay or out-of-pocket costs are $100, you will pay $25 ($100-$75=$25)]. If your co-pay or out-of-pocket costs are no more than $75, you pay $0. For a mail-order 3-month prescription, your total maximum savings may be $225 (75x3)
- The Card is not valid for Massachusetts residents whose prescriptions are covered in whole or in part by third-party insurance, or where otherwise prohibited by law
- The Card cannot be combined with any other rebate/coupon, free trial, or similar offer for the specified prescription
- The Card will be accepted only at participating pharmacies
- The Card is not health insurance
- This offer is good only in the U.S. and Puerto Rico
- The Card is limited to one per person during this offering period and is not transferable
- Pfizer reserves the right to rescind, revoke, or amend this offer without notice at any time
- No membership fees. The Card and Program expire on 12/31/18
Are your patients in need of prescription assistance?
Pfizer RxPathways® connects eligible patients to assistance programs that offer insurance support, co-pay assistance, and medicines for free or at a savings.